Wednesday 24 June 2015

Earth’s Two Moons in Kabbalah (45)

Introduction

To my surprise, Kabbalah a system of ancient knowledge - essentially the mystical or esoteric side of Judaism contains knowledge of the Earth having two moons. Kabbalah calls them Nahemah and Lilith or the white and black moon, with Nahemah being the “White Moon” or the moon that we see nearly every night and, Lilith being the “Black Moon” that which we don’t see.

Two Spheres of Human Infra-sexuality

An interesting point here is that the two spheres of human infrasexuality are called in Gnostic circles, Nahemah and Lilith. In some way this makes sense as the Moon has much in esotericism to do with conception and the birth and therefore sex, and as the lunar influence is mechanical and materialistic the Moon governs mechanical sexuality which when driven by the sense and matter tends or gravitates to the inferior scale.


Lilith or Black Moon

Here is an excerpt from the Gnostic Teachings website about the “Black Moon”.

“The moon that shines at night is called Nahemah in Kabbalah, and the other moon is Lilith. The Earth has two moons: Lilith, which is called the "Black Moon," is a little bit further from Earth than Nahemah or the "White Moon." Lilith is very small, about 18 kilometers in diameter; this is why when you see it through a telescope it looks like a small lentil beyond the big moon. Usually astronomers think it is just an asteroid that is passing through, but it is actually the moon Lilith. Kabbalistically we state that Lilith is a fallen eighth infra-sphere. The "eighth sphere" refers to the Tree of Life. What is the ninth sphere? It is Yesod, which is related to the Moon.”


Nahemah or White Moon

Here is an excerpt from the Gnostic Teachings website that relates the White Moon to the eighth and ninth spheres of the tree of life.

“But we also explained that Hod is related to the Moon – not only to the White Moon, but also to the Black Moon Lilith, because it is a fallen eighth sphere, and the eighth sphere is Hod.”

I am going to research this topic more as to how and why the Moon is related to Hod, and I hope to post these findings.



Why in Kabbalah the Earth has to have Two Moons

Here is an excerpt from the Gnostic Teachings web site that explains that basically the two fragments the black and white moons are the parents of the Earth. That essentially the soul of the white and black Moon has been transferred to the Earth and by cause and effect, with the effect being the Earth we have the cause being the two fragments the white and black moons. Essentially the white Moon is the Mother of the Earth and the Father of the Earth is the Sun.

“So, when we examine our physical bodies we say: My physicality was made thanks to the inheritance that was placed in the sperm of my father within the ovum of the womb of my mother; so I also have the inheritance of my mother within my physical body. In other words, my father and my mother are fragments of my physical life. They are not fragments that came from my physical body; quite the opposite, those fragments are the origin of this fragment which is my physical body, my own humanity. So if I go into my past in order to investigate the genes or DNA of my physical body, then I see that my mother and father are the cause of it. That is called karma, cause and effect. Thus, because of karma I have this body and you have the body that you have. Can you understand this? It is not difficult to comprehend that, right?

As below, so above; as above, so below. The planet Earth is also the outcome of fragments from other cosmic days. The Moon is the mother of the Earth. Some personalities, who could not understand the message in the internal planes, mistakenly supposed that the Moon is a fragment of the Earth, which is absolutely wrong. It is like saying that my mother is the outcome of my body; no, my body is the outcome of my mother. So when talking about those fragments, Gurdjieff, in his "Beelzebub's Tales to His Grandson," states that the Earth has two fragments in space, which are part of it – yes, they are part of it, but not in the way that he explains it. Quite the opposite, the Earth is the outcome of those fragments, because those fragments or moons belong to previous cosmic days.”


Conclusion

So Kabbalah recognises that the Earth has two Moons and they together are the cause for the Earth. It seems that according to the Law of Cause and Effect we have had to have had a cause, if the effect is our Earth. Kabbalah relates that cause to the Sun and to the Earth’s two moons. As yet though it is not so clear that there had to be two moons, maybe by duality, even the other planets have more than one moon.


End (45).

No comments:

Post a Comment